Purpose Wrestling is committed to maintaining the highest degree of ethical conduct amongst all its staff and associated personnel. To help increase understanding, this Code of Conduct details Purpose Wrestling’s expectations of employees and contracted personnel.
Scope and purpose
This Code of Conduct applies to all staff, wrestlers, complementary talent and crew at Purpose Wrestling.
The purpose of this Code of Conduct is to set out the conduct expected of Purpose Wrestling staff whilst working for the organisation. The Code is applicable at all times. Breaches of the Code of Conduct are grounds for disciplinary action, up to and including dismissal.
Whilst recognising that local laws and cultures differ considerably from one country to another, Purpose Wrestling is a pro wrestling promotion which deals with individuals and companies from multiple countries. This Code of Conduct is developed from international standards.
Mission and values
Purpose Wrestling is a professional wrestling promotion that offers events for wrestling fans in London.
Purpose Wrestling welcomes Talent and Crew from all backgrounds, irrespective of race, nationality, ethnicity, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation, gender identity or social background. Everybody is welcome.
Talent and Crew are entitled to participate in the events free from discrimination and with full right to self-identification.
Code of Conduct Standards
As member of Purpose Wrestling Talent Group and Crew I will:
Uphold the integrity and reputation of Purpose Wrestling by ensuring that my professional and personal conduct is consistent with Purpose Wrestling’s values and standards
- I will treat all people fairly with respect and dignity
- When working for Purpose Wrestling, I will be observant of all local laws and be sensitive to local customs
- I will seek to ensure that my conduct does not bring Purpose Wrestling into disrepute and does not impact on or undermine my ability to undertake the role for which I am employed
- I will not work under the influence of alcohol or use, or be in possession of, illegal substances on Purpose Wrestling events premises or accommodation.
Not engage in abusive or exploitative conduct
- I will not engage in sexual activity with children (persons under the age of 18). Mistaken belief in the age of a child is not a defence
- I will not exchange of money, employment, goods or services for sex, including sexual favours or other forms of humiliating, degrading or exploitative behaviour.
- I will not engage in any commercially exploitative activities with children or vulnerable adults including child labour or trafficking
- I will not physically assault a child or vulnerable adult
- I will not emotionally or psychologically abuse a child or vulnerable adult
Ensure the safety, health and welfare of all Purpose Wrestling staff members and associated personnel
- I will adhere to all legal and organisational health and safety requirements in force at my location of work
- I will comply with any local security guidelines and be pro-active in informing management of any necessary changes to such guidelines
- I will behave in a manner such as to avoid any unnecessary risk to the safety, health and welfare of myself and others, including partner organisations and communities with whom we work
Be responsible for the use of information, assets and resources to which I have access by reason of my employment with Purpose Wrestling
- I will ensure that I use Purpose Wrestling assets and resources entrusted to me in a responsible manner and will account for all money and property
- I will not use Purpose Wrestling equipment or social media platforms to engage in activity that is illegal under local or international law or that encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offence. This includes any material that intimidates or harasses any group based on protected characteristics, or encourages extremism
- I will not use Purpose Wrestling social media groups or channels to view, download, create, distribute or save in any format inappropriate or abusive material including but not limited to pornography or depictions of child abuse
Perform my duties and conduct my private life in a manner that avoids conflicts of interest
- I will declare any financial, personal or family (or close intimate relationship) interest in matters of official business which may impact on the work of Purpose Wrestling
- I will not be involved in awarding any benefits relating to Purpose Wrestling to any person with whom I have a financial, personal, family (or close intimate relationship) interests
- I will not accept significant gifts or any remuneration from governments, communities with whom we work, donors, suppliers and other persons which have been offered to me as a result of my employment with Purpose Wrestling
- I will exercise due care in all matters of official business, and not divulge any confidential information relating to colleagues, work-related matters or any sensitive information unless legally required to do so
Complaints and reports
Purpose Wrestling staff are obligated to bring to the attention of the relevant manager any potential incident, abuse or concern that they witness, are made aware of, or suspect which appears to breach the Standards contained in this Code. Purpose Wrestling staff reporting concerns are protected by the Disclosure of Malpractice in the Workplace policy.
Staff members who have a complaint or concern relating to breach of the Code should report it immediately to their line manager (For the benefit of the avoidance of doubt, this is David Francisco). If the staff member does not feel comfortable reporting to their line manager (for example if they feel that the report will not be taken seriously, or if that person is implicated in the concern) they may report to any other appropriate staff member, i.e. Kealy Hastick or Bobby Davies.
Staff members receiving reports or concerns are obliged to action or refer the report immediately as per the Safeguarding or Complaints policies.
In accepting my appointment I undertake to discharge my duties and to regulate my conduct in accordance with the requirements of this Code.
(Every member of the Talent Group and Crew that participates on a Purpose Wrestling Event signs a physical copy of this document and is given their own duplicate.)